1. PCs are now so cheap [and powerful] that every GP has one or can buy one, even in a remote African village. With the right usb device and softwares, this African village GP can perform a vast range of diagnoses at almost no cost. Key to this is the PC usb port, which supplies 5V, 500mA electric power to the device attached, plus transmit and receive signals between the pc and the device at rates of 480 Mbits/s for USB version 2.0 and much higher for the new USB 3.0.
2. Here are some very rough ideas for medical devices connected by USB to a pc, limited by my rudimentary medical knowledge. Professionals will no doubt improve and expand on these.
3. BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR. Small, battery-operated BP monitors are already cheap and commonplace. However, taking readings, even regularly, is useless unless interpreted. Here, a usb BPM can not only take and record readings, but schedule and remind when to take a next reading, plus immediately interpret the readings to warn of potential medical problems, thus immediately calling attention to potential medical problems and even suggesting further medical tests. The software can even come with text, pictures and videos on the potential medical problems and what the readings mean. So, even a GP can quickly and easily screen for even complex medical problems for almost no cost.
4. ELECTROCARDIOGRAM [ECG, EKG]. Similarly, an ECG or EKG can be easily done on a patient and the results displayed on the pc and interpreted by the software. Thus, ECG/EKG will become routine and almost costless, thus possibly detecting many heart attacks before they happen, as well as many other heart conditions -- all depending on how sophistated the software is.
5. EYE TESTS. Various eye tests can be done even without any usb device. For example, Colour Blindness Tests can test for colour blindness even in small children [as long as they can recognise their numbers 1-9]. The pc screen can thus replace the printed colour blindness test charts. PC screens are good enough in colour fidelity and high resolution enough for this, although colour blindness charts must be designed for pc screens and not just scanned from a printed chart. Testees simply call out the Number for the doctor or nurse to enter into the pc program.
For the very common near- or far-sightedness, the usual Eye Test Chart consisting of rows of Numbers of different sizes, can be put on a pc screen and the testee key in the Numbers he thinks are correct. The chart can be increased or decreased in size reasonably accurately if the pc has a built-in webcam that can run a program to estimate the distance of the testee's face or eyes from the webcam. Or, a usb infra-red or ultrasound device fixed to the top of the pc screen can measure the distance more accurately. Here is a list of eye diseases that may be detectable or measurable similarly.
6. ULTRA SOUND and X-RAY DEVICES. These usb devices are expensive to develop but not difficult. Their larger versions already exist in hospitals but can likely be made small and cheap enough for our African village doctor to attach to his pc running the right imaging and diagnostic programs to help him understand what he sees and diagnose the medical conditions from fibroids to bone fractures. Mains electric power is needed although the signals will go through the usb to the pc.
7. EAR TESTS. There are already many headsets and earphones for use with pcs. All that is needed is a program to generate the test tones and frequencies for the testee to respond with a press of the pc keyboard key/s.
8. GLUCOSE METER. Battery versions already exist, some even with a cable to download the readings to a pc program that then monitors the patient's condition. Thus, a usb device, with the right software, can do wonders here, for conditions such as diabetes mellitus and hypoglycemia.
9. LAB ON A CHIP. This is a chip that integrates one or several lab functions on a single chip only mm to a few sq cm in size. It is not difficult to attach this LOC to a usb device so that readings can be immediately transferred to a pc running a diagnostic program to give immediate results for almost anything from urine and blood tests to detection of bacteria, viruses and cancers.
10. ENDOSCOPES. Endoscopes are thin flexible tubes with lights and camera, etc, attached, for looking inside the body such as the esophagus, stomach, colon, even the nose, ear, urinary tract, etc. A usb endoscope, together with the software, can quickly snap a picture of a suspect growth in the inside of the body, immediately compare this picture of the growth with all others stored in the program and flash the matches on the pc screen, thus helping the doctor to quickly and easily decide what the suspect growth is likely to be.
11. ETC, ETC...
12. In summary, this use of a usb device coupled to the right software thus greatly reduces or even eliminates the need for trained, specialised doctors or specialists, so making medicine cheaper, easier and more accessible, even to an African village. While these usb devices will initially be used by GPs [or even nurses], hence bypassing specialist doctors, eventually some of these usb devices will find their way into the home for home use. Since all data are captured digitally, these can also be easily emailed anywhere in the world for second or more expert opinion and diagnoses.
RH: ME ON VIDEO DESCRIBING lky lhl wks NUMEROUS ELECTION RIGGINGS:
MY ACQUAINTANCE, MR DAVID DUCLOS, A FORMER POLICE INSPECTOR, AND HIS LAWYER FRIEND, EYEWITNESSED LEE KUAN YEW RIGGING THE 1997 CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION. READ MORE AT MY BLOG ENTITLED "I CAME, I SAW, I SOLVED IT" :
MY ONLINE POLICE REPORT ON LKY LHL WKS CHEATING ELECTIONS:
THE MOST COMPLETE RUBBISHING OF LEEconomics EVER:
[ALSO AT THE ABOVE BLOG, LIE KUAN YEW's LIES, CORRUPTION, WRONGFUL JAILING, TORTURE AND BEATING TO DEATH OF INNOCENT POLITICAL PRISONERS LIKE MR CHAN HOCK HUA]
READ ALSO MARTYN SEE's INTERVIEW WITH ME AT:
FOR QUICK, IRREVERENT REASONS WHY LIE KY DESERVES A NOBEL:
MY ARCHIVE OF WORKS AT:
PHOTOS OF LIE KY SCRATCHING MY WIFE's NEW CAR:
NOT GUILTY BUT TORTURED, DEGRADED 15 YEARS FOR PUBLICITY, FUN
WHY SINGAPORE HAS NO ECONOMY
My other blog is http://i-came-i-saw-i-wrote-it.blogspot.com/ which is an archive of my works.......... Robert Ho REQUEST FOR STATEMENTS at http://roberthorequestforstatements.blogspot.com/2011/01/robert-ho-request-for-statements.html
- ▼ May (4)
- ► 2009 (28)
- "A Video RH on LKY LHL WKS cheating elections + PoBoB and CCTV Ideas"
- "HOW Y O U CAN PROVE THE SINGAPORE GOVT RIGS ELECTIONS"
- "LIE KY LHL WKS repeatedly cheating elections"
- "LKY LHL WKS election riggings emailed to almost entire govt"
- "Police Report LEE KY LHL WKS cheating elections"
- "PROOF LEE KUAN YEW RIGGED CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION"
- a. MY SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF 16 JULY 2010
- b. EXHIBIT: This post is now Exhibit for Affidavit 16.07.2010: US UK SG govts falsified my son's exam grades again
- c. Several years' jail for false Affidavit
- d. Evil is its own reason
- e. 3rd Email on Intention To Sue HM Govt and PM
- FilmMaker Martyn SEE interviews Cyber Dissident Robert HO
- I have uncovered another HDB scam: SERS
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 1 SINGAPORE GDP MYTHS
- Iconoclassing Pt 2
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 3 or RH Zero Sum Game Theory
- Idea Invention of Portable Ramps for Wheelchairs
- Idea: 5 Stages of Ideology
- Idea: Airport Naming Convention to reduce runway accidents
- Idea: Alphabetising the Chinese language
- Idea: Bespoke software clothes to change the way the world dresses
- Idea: Drive-on Flashing Red system
- Idea: equis to transform world
- Idea: Google as a survey tool
- Idea: HDB community roster CCTV recordings
- Idea: Made FOR China business strategy
- Idea: PC usb medical devices and softwares for medical diagnoses
- Idea: Personal Display Screen [PDS]
- Idea: Recorded readings to the blind
- Idea: RFID Ring as personal identifier
- Idea: Russia can sell Electricity instead of Gas
- Idea: Treasure Hunt games on Google Earth
- Idea: What if America never was?
- Idea: Why China should place Confucius above the Rule of Law
- Idea: A preliminary sketch of the new world
- Idea: Blind Users Interface
- Idea: Halting knife attacks on students in China
- Idea: HIV Register + Hua Tuo SMS diagnosis
- Idea: Influencing the Chinese tourist wave usage of local and US$
- Idea: Low Rations Propellor Disabling etc Strategies to defeat pirates hijacking of ships for ransom
- Idea: New Mandarin script : sinograms + pinyin
- Idea: Random thoughts on World Govt
- Idea: Towards a 7/7 economy and New Communes
- Idea: YouTube News on demand
- Ideas: Creating a Cycling CityState
- Ideas: Improving air travel
- Ideas: Solving BP oil leaks disasters
- Ideas: H1N1.. bird flu.. foot and mouth solutions
- Ideas: Inertia Theory and Similarising Effect Theory
- LIE KY + U.S. STENCH EVEN FOREVER CANNOT STANCH
- LIE KY scratched my car S$2800 to repair
- LKY LHL PAP building Singapore military to "contain China" for US interests
- Math+Science types inferior to Lit+Lang types
- My comment and promise in The Online Citizen [TOC]
- No reply to my complaint against police
- NOT GUILTY BUT TORTURED + DEGRADED 15 YEARS FOR PUBLICITY + FUN
- Not nominated for a Nobel so LIE KY gives himself many others
- NOTHING is important
- PROOF LEE KUAN YEW IS A BRAZEN LIAR
- Pt 5: SOME RECENT LIES BY PAP GOVT LED BY LIAR KY OF COURSE
- Public transport another SCAM by LIE KY
- RH Call For Witnesses
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 1 Plan A
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 2 Plan B
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 3 Plan C
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 4 Plan D
- Still Under Warranty" but Entropy already setting in
- Stupidest govt of all time
- Vote out 21 politicians and transform Singapore
- WHY GOVTS SHOULD ALMOST NEVER BE EFFICIENT or GENERAL THEORY OF ZERO SUM GAME
- Why Singapore has no economy
- Why we should be able to refuse our organs to Ministers PAP
- Write simple English for computer translations