My other blog is http://i-came-i-saw-i-wrote-it.blogspot.com/ which is an archive of my works.......... Robert Ho REQUEST FOR STATEMENTS at http://roberthorequestforstatements.blogspot.com/2011/01/robert-ho-request-for-statements.html
- ▼ February (4)
- ► 2009 (28)
- "A Video RH on LKY LHL WKS cheating elections + PoBoB and CCTV Ideas"
- "HOW Y O U CAN PROVE THE SINGAPORE GOVT RIGS ELECTIONS"
- "LIE KY LHL WKS repeatedly cheating elections"
- "LKY LHL WKS election riggings emailed to almost entire govt"
- "Police Report LEE KY LHL WKS cheating elections"
- "PROOF LEE KUAN YEW RIGGED CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION"
- a. MY SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF 16 JULY 2010
- b. EXHIBIT: This post is now Exhibit for Affidavit 16.07.2010: US UK SG govts falsified my son's exam grades again
- c. Several years' jail for false Affidavit
- d. Evil is its own reason
- e. 3rd Email on Intention To Sue HM Govt and PM
- FilmMaker Martyn SEE interviews Cyber Dissident Robert HO
- I have uncovered another HDB scam: SERS
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 1 SINGAPORE GDP MYTHS
- Iconoclassing Pt 2
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 3 or RH Zero Sum Game Theory
- Idea Invention of Portable Ramps for Wheelchairs
- Idea: 5 Stages of Ideology
- Idea: Airport Naming Convention to reduce runway accidents
- Idea: Alphabetising the Chinese language
- Idea: Bespoke software clothes to change the way the world dresses
- Idea: Drive-on Flashing Red system
- Idea: equis to transform world
- Idea: Google as a survey tool
- Idea: HDB community roster CCTV recordings
- Idea: Made FOR China business strategy
- Idea: PC usb medical devices and softwares for medical diagnoses
- Idea: Personal Display Screen [PDS]
- Idea: Recorded readings to the blind
- Idea: RFID Ring as personal identifier
- Idea: Russia can sell Electricity instead of Gas
- Idea: Treasure Hunt games on Google Earth
- Idea: What if America never was?
- Idea: Why China should place Confucius above the Rule of Law
- Idea: A preliminary sketch of the new world
- Idea: Blind Users Interface
- Idea: Halting knife attacks on students in China
- Idea: HIV Register + Hua Tuo SMS diagnosis
- Idea: Influencing the Chinese tourist wave usage of local and US$
- Idea: Low Rations Propellor Disabling etc Strategies to defeat pirates hijacking of ships for ransom
- Idea: New Mandarin script : sinograms + pinyin
- Idea: Random thoughts on World Govt
- Idea: Towards a 7/7 economy and New Communes
- Idea: YouTube News on demand
- Ideas: Creating a Cycling CityState
- Ideas: Improving air travel
- Ideas: Solving BP oil leaks disasters
- Ideas: H1N1.. bird flu.. foot and mouth solutions
- Ideas: Inertia Theory and Similarising Effect Theory
- LIE KY + U.S. STENCH EVEN FOREVER CANNOT STANCH
- LIE KY scratched my car S$2800 to repair
- LKY LHL PAP building Singapore military to "contain China" for US interests
- Math+Science types inferior to Lit+Lang types
- My comment and promise in The Online Citizen [TOC]
- No reply to my complaint against police
- NOT GUILTY BUT TORTURED + DEGRADED 15 YEARS FOR PUBLICITY + FUN
- Not nominated for a Nobel so LIE KY gives himself many others
- NOTHING is important
- PROOF LEE KUAN YEW IS A BRAZEN LIAR
- Pt 5: SOME RECENT LIES BY PAP GOVT LED BY LIAR KY OF COURSE
- Public transport another SCAM by LIE KY
- RH Call For Witnesses
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 1 Plan A
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 2 Plan B
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 3 Plan C
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 4 Plan D
- Still Under Warranty" but Entropy already setting in
- Stupidest govt of all time
- Vote out 21 politicians and transform Singapore
- WHY GOVTS SHOULD ALMOST NEVER BE EFFICIENT or GENERAL THEORY OF ZERO SUM GAME
- Why Singapore has no economy
- Why we should be able to refuse our organs to Ministers PAP
- Write simple English for computer translations
14 February 2010
Idea: Drive-on Flashing Red system
Also on YouTube for fullscreen:
1. Having commuted by bus most of my younger life, then also by metro trains when these were built, and lastly driving my wife's car in recent years, I have most of the usual experiences of a pedestrian and a driver.
2. As a pedestrian, I appreciate the pedestrian-push-button-controlled Traffic Light Controlled Pedestrian Crossings. As a driver, I am annoyed when I have to stop at one of these when there's nobody crossing; or when someone crosses in just a few seconds but I have to wait out the entire Red Light, until it turns Green.
3. In the video above, I have captured a scene when nobody's crossing at the Traffic Light Controlled Pedestrian Crossing just below my flat. I spent only half an hour and got several examples of which this is the best -- or worst. When vehicles waited out the entire ~20sec or so but nobody was crossing. It seems to me that this is stupid. Surely, there must be a better way? Here is one attempt.
4. Paramount is safety of the pedestrians. It is easy to make a rule overnight, to let vehicles stopped at a Traffic Light Controlled Pedestrian Crossing, to drive on when nobody's crossing, or when all the pedestrians have already crossed -- even if the traffic light still remains red. But this could be dangerous.
5. Suppose we do just that: change the rule so that vehicles can drive on through the red light if they see that nobody's crossing or everybody has crossed safely. After all, there are precedents: at Bukit Batok West Ave 3 is a LEFT TURN ON RED sign at the T-junction that allows vehicles to turn left even when the traffic light shows red. However, this is not dangerous because this driving through a red light is only for vehicles approching from the long end of the T and only for the Left Turn [cannot drive through the horizontal bar of the T, so vehicles have to slow for the turn anyway, so quite safe to turn left after having checked that no vehicles are approaching from the right]. A pedestrian crossing like the one discussed is along a straight road, so approach speeds of vehicles will be much higher than slowing for a Left Turn On Red junction. This means that if the rule is changed to allow vehicles to drive on through the red light, drivers will tend not to stop and drive through fast. Besides being dangerous to allow drivers the habit to drive through red lights, there could be situations when a pedestrian may somehow not be seen by the approaching driver and he/she steps onto the crossing when the driver, not seeing the pedestrian, speeds through without stopping. Fatal accidents can happen. This is very possible since the pedestrian will have seen the Green Walking Man light up for him to cross, so may not check for oncoming traffic, while the driver, also thinking he has the right to drive on through the red light, may not see the pedestrian, with tragic results.
6. One way is to retain the injunction to stop at Red Lights. This will avoid drivers developing a bad habit of driving [legally] through red lights. However, we still need to let drivers who have already stopped at the Traffic Light Controlled Pedestrian Crossing to drive on when nobody's crossing or everybody has crossed safely, otherwise the stupid scenario in my video will continue to happen. We can do this by letting drivers drive on when the Red Light begins FLASHING, indicating "Proceed if safe" mode. It is easy to change a circuit board controller to make the red light come on as usual, then after, say, 3 sec, start flashing. This red light of 3 sec followed by the usual length of 'crossing time' [~20sec in my video] will force vehicles to stop on seeing the red or flashing red light, but after the 3sec or so, may drive on when the Flashing Red Light begins, provided of course, nobody is crossing or everybody has crossed safely.
7. All that remains is to ensure that all vehicles MUST stop on seeing the Red Light or Flashing Red light at the Traffic Light Controlled Pedestrian Crossing. After vehicles have stopped, they may drive on DURING THE FLASHING RED ONLY [about 3sec after the Red Light] provided it is safe to do so. This will require mass media announcements, immediate inclusion of this new feature in all the Traffic Rules books or Highway Code books, questions in Highway Code written and oral tests, websites, letters to all driving licence holders, posters at all car showrooms and bus interchanges, etc. If the success of the Left Turn On Red signs are indicative, this new sign should be equally successful. I have encountered now and then, at the Left Turn On Red sign at Bukit Batok West Ave 3, some vehicles which stopped, not knowing they could turn Left on red, but some honking from behind quickly educated them. Make the new signs big and readable from afar as part of the education process. There should be no major problems.
8. This new system not only conveniences drivers and results in higher average speeds throughout the islet, but by so doing, allow even more such Traffic Light Controlled Pedestrian Crossings to be set up thus conveniencing pedestrians as well. Thus, pedestrians will also gain from this new system. So, win-win for all. Proposed sign: "STOP FIRST on Red or Flashing Red, then drive on if nobody's crossing." Happy Chinese New Year.
RH: ME ON VIDEO DESCRIBING lky lhl wks NUMEROUS ELECTION RIGGINGS:
MY ACQUAINTANCE, MR DAVID DUCLOS, A FORMER POLICE INSPECTOR, AND HIS LAWYER FRIEND, EYEWITNESSED LEE KUAN YEW RIGGING THE 1997 CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION. READ MORE AT MY BLOG ENTITLED "I CAME, I SAW, I SOLVED IT" :
MY ONLINE POLICE REPORT ON LKY LHL WKS CHEATING ELECTIONS:
THE MOST COMPLETE RUBBISHING OF LEEconomics EVER:
[ALSO AT THE ABOVE BLOG, LIE KUAN YEW's LIES, CORRUPTION, WRONGFUL JAILING, TORTURE AND BEATING TO DEATH OF INNOCENT POLITICAL PRISONERS LIKE MR CHAN HOCK HUA]
READ ALSO MARTYN SEE's INTERVIEW WITH ME AT:
FOR QUICK, IRREVERENT REASONS WHY LIE KY DESERVES A NOBEL:
MY ARCHIVE OF WORKS AT:
PHOTOS OF LIE KY SCRATCHING MY WIFE's NEW CAR:
NOT GUILTY BUT TORTURED, DEGRADED 15 YEARS FOR PUBLICITY, FUN
WHY SINGAPORE HAS NO ECONOMY