1. This Wikipedia article on Radio Frequency Identity tags or chips, [ http://en.wikipedia.org /wiki/RFID ] explains that there are active RFID tags that are powered and Passive tags or chips that require no battery or power to work. These passive RFID tags work when exposed to a radio frequency and send back signals and info just like any transmitter.
2. For photos of how small these RFID tags can be, click on these 2 photos :
3. Since RFID tags can be so tiny, even powder-size, it is easy to incorporate one or more into a nice ring to be worn on a finger, say, the middle finger of the right hand, for example. For those who may object to wearing a ring, here are photos of how nice they can look :
4. But signet rings are what I have in mind as this design is probably more useful, allowing engraving or printing of name or numbers or logos on the flat surface :
5. So, what purpose would a signet ring RFID have?
6. Plenty. For one, it could unlock your office security door, like the big plastic card you are currently wearing round your neck [which also works by RFID]. But more.
7. Your Employee ring could also be programmed to communicate with your office telephone regularly, say, every second, and only allows this telephone to ring when you are within range and not ring when you walk away from it. So no more office phones ringing loudly and annoyingly and disturbingly when the intended person is not at his or her desk.
8. Go one step further and make any of your office telephone ring when it is your call and you are within range. In a meeting, all the participants would be able to be followed to the meeting room's telephone. It is possible to make the phone call out the name of the intended call recipient instead of ringing, a significant improvement over the present indeterminate ringing. RFID range can vary from inches to several metres. So your call follows you wherever in the office you happen to be. Nice isn't it? Maybe not so nice if you want a quiet, unharassed moment at the water cooler or pantry.
9. Why stop at the office phone? Why not make your wireless mouse, keyboard and computer stop and go into power saver mode the moment you walk away? Not only saves power but also more secure since no one else can see your screen or use your computer.
10. While we are at that, why not also programme your cellphone to similarly not ring or not work when you are away from it, that is, out of range? Good for privacy.
11. You could even let your RFID ring open your car park gantry to enter no matter which car you are driving, since the ring is on your finger and not stuck to the inside windscreen of your car.
12. You could enter printing instructions to your office printer but it only prints from the queue when you are within range. Again, great for privacy and secure documents you don't want that nosy secretary from the next dept to read.
13. The drawback to this grand scheme is that all such equipment will have to be redesigned to cater for RFID communication. Big problem since no office manager will change the entire systems just for such. So the best way is to design a tiny chip or circuit that you can retrofit into any telephone, printer, computer, etc. This retrofit chip will have almost universal application to most office phones, hopefully. But much, much, easier for computers since they already come pretty standardised with Windows or Mac OSes. Just plug the chip into a usb port and draw its power, too. Like some Bluetooth usb plug-ins today.
14. There are probably many more uses I cannot think of. This signet ring can become a Personal Identifier for many equipment and systems. Eventually, even pay for buses and trains or even restaurant meals, although security from hackers and fraudsters will have to be improved, which is currently being worked on at many orgs.
15. Meanwhile, ring designers can get creative designing plastic, metal or other material rings since wearers will want many designs to choose from.
RH: MY ACQUAINTANCE, MR DAVID DUCLOS, A FORMER POLICE INSPECTOR, AND HIS LAWYER FRIEND, EYEWITNESSED LEE KUAN YEW RIGGING THE 1997 CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION. READ MORE AT MY BLOG ENTITLED "I CAME, I SAW, I SOLVED IT" :
[ALSO AT THE ABOVE BLOG, LIE KUAN YEW's LIES, CORRUPTION, WRONGFUL JAILING, TORTURE AND BEATING TO DEATH OF INNOCENT POLITICAL PRISONERS LIKE MR CHAN HOCK HUA]
READ ALSO MARTYN SEE's INTERVIEW WITH ME AT:
FOR QUICK, IRREVERENT REASONS WHY LIE KY DESERVES A NOBEL:
MY ARCHIVE OF WORKS AT:
My other blog is http://i-came-i-saw-i-wrote-it.blogspot.com/ which is an archive of my works.......... Robert Ho REQUEST FOR STATEMENTS at http://roberthorequestforstatements.blogspot.com/2011/01/robert-ho-request-for-statements.html
- ▼ March (7)
- "A Video RH on LKY LHL WKS cheating elections + PoBoB and CCTV Ideas"
- "HOW Y O U CAN PROVE THE SINGAPORE GOVT RIGS ELECTIONS"
- "LIE KY LHL WKS repeatedly cheating elections"
- "LKY LHL WKS election riggings emailed to almost entire govt"
- "Police Report LEE KY LHL WKS cheating elections"
- "PROOF LEE KUAN YEW RIGGED CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION"
- a. MY SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF 16 JULY 2010
- b. EXHIBIT: This post is now Exhibit for Affidavit 16.07.2010: US UK SG govts falsified my son's exam grades again
- c. Several years' jail for false Affidavit
- d. Evil is its own reason
- e. 3rd Email on Intention To Sue HM Govt and PM
- FilmMaker Martyn SEE interviews Cyber Dissident Robert HO
- I have uncovered another HDB scam: SERS
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 1 SINGAPORE GDP MYTHS
- Iconoclassing Pt 2
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 3 or RH Zero Sum Game Theory
- Idea Invention of Portable Ramps for Wheelchairs
- Idea: 5 Stages of Ideology
- Idea: Airport Naming Convention to reduce runway accidents
- Idea: Alphabetising the Chinese language
- Idea: Bespoke software clothes to change the way the world dresses
- Idea: Drive-on Flashing Red system
- Idea: equis to transform world
- Idea: Google as a survey tool
- Idea: HDB community roster CCTV recordings
- Idea: Made FOR China business strategy
- Idea: PC usb medical devices and softwares for medical diagnoses
- Idea: Personal Display Screen [PDS]
- Idea: Recorded readings to the blind
- Idea: RFID Ring as personal identifier
- Idea: Russia can sell Electricity instead of Gas
- Idea: Treasure Hunt games on Google Earth
- Idea: What if America never was?
- Idea: Why China should place Confucius above the Rule of Law
- Idea: A preliminary sketch of the new world
- Idea: Blind Users Interface
- Idea: Halting knife attacks on students in China
- Idea: HIV Register + Hua Tuo SMS diagnosis
- Idea: Influencing the Chinese tourist wave usage of local and US$
- Idea: Low Rations Propellor Disabling etc Strategies to defeat pirates hijacking of ships for ransom
- Idea: New Mandarin script : sinograms + pinyin
- Idea: Random thoughts on World Govt
- Idea: Towards a 7/7 economy and New Communes
- Idea: YouTube News on demand
- Ideas: Creating a Cycling CityState
- Ideas: Improving air travel
- Ideas: Solving BP oil leaks disasters
- Ideas: H1N1.. bird flu.. foot and mouth solutions
- Ideas: Inertia Theory and Similarising Effect Theory
- LIE KY + U.S. STENCH EVEN FOREVER CANNOT STANCH
- LIE KY scratched my car S$2800 to repair
- LKY LHL PAP building Singapore military to "contain China" for US interests
- Math+Science types inferior to Lit+Lang types
- My comment and promise in The Online Citizen [TOC]
- No reply to my complaint against police
- NOT GUILTY BUT TORTURED + DEGRADED 15 YEARS FOR PUBLICITY + FUN
- Not nominated for a Nobel so LIE KY gives himself many others
- NOTHING is important
- PROOF LEE KUAN YEW IS A BRAZEN LIAR
- Pt 5: SOME RECENT LIES BY PAP GOVT LED BY LIAR KY OF COURSE
- Public transport another SCAM by LIE KY
- RH Call For Witnesses
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 1 Plan A
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 2 Plan B
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 3 Plan C
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 4 Plan D
- Still Under Warranty" but Entropy already setting in
- Stupidest govt of all time
- Vote out 21 politicians and transform Singapore
- WHY GOVTS SHOULD ALMOST NEVER BE EFFICIENT or GENERAL THEORY OF ZERO SUM GAME
- Why Singapore has no economy
- Why we should be able to refuse our organs to Ministers PAP
- Write simple English for computer translations