ComScore: Google Sites Surpass 10B Video Views In Aug
Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Google Inc.'s (GOOG) sites continued to dominate online-video viewing statistics in August, as the company surpassed the 10 billion mark and took in 40% of all viewership, according to comScore Inc. The search-engine giant's popular video site YouTube ...
Labels and studios could have access to your YouTube metrics BetaNews
ComScore: YouTube Tops 10 Billion Videos Viewed in August Home Media Magazine
Bizjournals.com - Mediapost.com - xchange Magazine - TechCrunch (blog)
all 53 news articles »
Email this story
1. I think the idea of a YouTube Current News or Hot News -- or just, News -- will work because, for a little money and work, the benefits -- and profits to Google -- can be huge. For example, currently, all the tv news channels create their news reports, then air them and maybe repeat some segments later, but soon all these are gone for good, overtaken by new news.
2. A YouTube News section would effectively be a re-run of these quite-latest news videos, thus giving each news segment a new lease of life, a kind of recycling and re-use -- easily searchable and dowloadable at will with just a search. This means that all the tv news channels will only be too happy to give away their news stories videos for free or a small share of the profits.
3. For example, if a news video from CNN or BBC is aired then 'discarded' or lapsed, the editor could quickly and easily take the news story, say, about Zimbabwe's Z$100 trillion dollar note, convert it to YouTube video format and upload it to a pre-defined YouTube channel, say, a CNN or BBC News channel -- thus without any work from Google. The editor would also type out all the tags for this video, to make searching easy. This takes only seconds and any news editor would do this really easily and well. Since every word read by the tv news reader would be first typed and edited in digital form, it is possible to take the entire text of news copy and put all this into the tag, probably automatically omitting all the useless words. [However, off the cuff remarks from the news reader or 'live' quotes from a speaker would not be in digital form, so a little work is needed to type out enough of these 'live' spoken words as tags].
4. Also, Google would have to decide if a news story on the Z$100t note for example, should be pure news story or could include an ad or commercial within it. There is a money making possibility to insert a 2-second silent Slide advertisement into every YouTube News channel video. 2 seconds are enough because that's how long we look at an ad in a newspaper or online. Besides, if the viewer is interested, he can pause the video at the Slide for a longer look, even note down the url to visit the webpage. Inserting the ad Slide can even be done automatically, say, at the exact halfway point of the newscast or its approximate -- with slight adjustment to find a silence, 'nobody speaking' point lasting probably ~0.5 second at the end of a complete sentence, to insert the 2-second slide. All in all, it will be just a blip and then the newscast resumes. This ad would be cheap and simple to create, not be too irritating and can generate huge revenues. However, this is a policy and profit matter for Google and participating news channels like CNN, BBC, etc. Of course, Google may initially need an editor to review each news story to set editorial policies, etc, but once these policies are determined and agreed to by the participating tv news channels like CNN, BBC, etc, even this Google editor may not be needed, since all the big tv news channels operate under far more restrictions than YouTube in general.
5. The result of this idea would be to create a vast bank or repertory of video news stories that anyone can search for and watch. Currently, there is no way we can get hold of a 'discarded' or 'lapsed' news video, so this idea actually creates a new form or genre of watching tv news -- or watching YouTube videos, if you like. This is like news videos On Demand, only shortly after it has been telecast on regular tv news channels. This will benefit many people who cannot watch a news telecast at a certain time but now can watch it on demand, at a time and place of their convenience. If you missed a Bloomberg news telecast, now you can watch it on YouTube. If you want to watch all the news telecasts on say, the latest G20 meeting, you could now, on demand, watch every news video on this on YouTube, in all the languages and as reported by all the news telecasts in the world. Thus, the world is better off. There is now a back up copy of most news stories telecast, a permanent video record of what is happening in the world, available for future historians and lay researchers.
6. It also means you are not tied to telecast times. Since there is likely to be a YouTube back-up copy of the tv news telecast, you can now watch it at your choice of time and place. This is a great advance in tv news watching. It also effectively lengthens the lifespan of every news telecast, way into the indefinite future, forever.
7. For Google, not much work. Just ensure you double and quadruple your YouTube servers and bandwidth because YouTube content will really multiply and re-multiply -- literally explode. Just ensure that tagging is comprehensive, for easy searching and cross-searching. For the world, now, news videos on demand, from anywhere, in every language, without need for a tv or cable news subscription, just your pc and a broadband connection -- and a good Chrome OS and good Chrome browser optimised for this kind of YouTube video watching because many will now get their daily news fix from YouTube. A new world of news and information without borders or restrictions.
8. This idea will be good news for telcos, too, because once people start watching their newscasts on computers via the Internet YouTube, they will also do so from smartphones, which can already access the Internet. Here, a good cellphone OS and browser optimised for video watching will further this development. There will be many smartphone apps to quickly and easily bookmark Favourite YouTube News channels for regular watching. Ideally, these apps should make it easy to go to a desired YouTube News channel, stream the first news video so that the user can start watching in seconds, and while he is watching the first video, the next video should stream in the background, so a continuous video watching experience almost like watching a telecast. All these are easily do-able with current technology already.
9. Many young people do not watch the news much. This idea may bring back this lost generation because they grew up with the computer and the cellphone, and this idea puts the News right into computers and cellphones.
RH: ME ON VIDEO DESCRIBING lky lhl wks NUMEROUS ELECTION RIGGINGS:
MY ACQUAINTANCE, MR DAVID DUCLOS, A FORMER POLICE INSPECTOR, AND HIS LAWYER FRIEND, EYEWITNESSED LEE KUAN YEW RIGGING THE 1997 CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION. READ MORE AT MY BLOG ENTITLED "I CAME, I SAW, I SOLVED IT" :
MY ONLINE POLICE REPORT ON LKY LHL WKS CHEATING ELECTIONS:
THE MOST COMPLETE RUBBISHING OF LEEconomics EVER:
[ALSO AT THE ABOVE BLOG, LIE KUAN YEW's LIES, CORRUPTION, WRONGFUL JAILING, TORTURE AND BEATING TO DEATH OF INNOCENT POLITICAL PRISONERS LIKE MR CHAN HOCK HUA]
READ ALSO MARTYN SEE's INTERVIEW WITH ME AT:
FOR QUICK, IRREVERENT REASONS WHY LIE KY DESERVES A NOBEL:
MY ARCHIVE OF WORKS AT:
PHOTOS OF LIE KY SCRATCHING MY WIFE's NEW CAR:
NOT GUILTY BUT TORTURED, DEGRADED 15 YEARS FOR PUBLICITY, FUN
MAKING HOME MOVIES IS THIS EASY:
My other blog is http://i-came-i-saw-i-wrote-it.blogspot.com/ which is an archive of my works.......... Robert Ho REQUEST FOR STATEMENTS at http://roberthorequestforstatements.blogspot.com/2011/01/robert-ho-request-for-statements.html
- ▼ 2009 (28)
- "A Video RH on LKY LHL WKS cheating elections + PoBoB and CCTV Ideas"
- "HOW Y O U CAN PROVE THE SINGAPORE GOVT RIGS ELECTIONS"
- "LIE KY LHL WKS repeatedly cheating elections"
- "LKY LHL WKS election riggings emailed to almost entire govt"
- "Police Report LEE KY LHL WKS cheating elections"
- "PROOF LEE KUAN YEW RIGGED CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION"
- a. MY SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF 16 JULY 2010
- b. EXHIBIT: This post is now Exhibit for Affidavit 16.07.2010: US UK SG govts falsified my son's exam grades again
- c. Several years' jail for false Affidavit
- d. Evil is its own reason
- e. 3rd Email on Intention To Sue HM Govt and PM
- FilmMaker Martyn SEE interviews Cyber Dissident Robert HO
- I have uncovered another HDB scam: SERS
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 1 SINGAPORE GDP MYTHS
- Iconoclassing Pt 2
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 3 or RH Zero Sum Game Theory
- Idea Invention of Portable Ramps for Wheelchairs
- Idea: 5 Stages of Ideology
- Idea: Airport Naming Convention to reduce runway accidents
- Idea: Alphabetising the Chinese language
- Idea: Bespoke software clothes to change the way the world dresses
- Idea: Drive-on Flashing Red system
- Idea: equis to transform world
- Idea: Google as a survey tool
- Idea: HDB community roster CCTV recordings
- Idea: Made FOR China business strategy
- Idea: PC usb medical devices and softwares for medical diagnoses
- Idea: Personal Display Screen [PDS]
- Idea: Recorded readings to the blind
- Idea: RFID Ring as personal identifier
- Idea: Russia can sell Electricity instead of Gas
- Idea: Treasure Hunt games on Google Earth
- Idea: What if America never was?
- Idea: Why China should place Confucius above the Rule of Law
- Idea: A preliminary sketch of the new world
- Idea: Blind Users Interface
- Idea: Halting knife attacks on students in China
- Idea: HIV Register + Hua Tuo SMS diagnosis
- Idea: Influencing the Chinese tourist wave usage of local and US$
- Idea: Low Rations Propellor Disabling etc Strategies to defeat pirates hijacking of ships for ransom
- Idea: New Mandarin script : sinograms + pinyin
- Idea: Random thoughts on World Govt
- Idea: Towards a 7/7 economy and New Communes
- Idea: YouTube News on demand
- Ideas: Creating a Cycling CityState
- Ideas: Improving air travel
- Ideas: Solving BP oil leaks disasters
- Ideas: H1N1.. bird flu.. foot and mouth solutions
- Ideas: Inertia Theory and Similarising Effect Theory
- LIE KY + U.S. STENCH EVEN FOREVER CANNOT STANCH
- LIE KY scratched my car S$2800 to repair
- LKY LHL PAP building Singapore military to "contain China" for US interests
- Math+Science types inferior to Lit+Lang types
- My comment and promise in The Online Citizen [TOC]
- No reply to my complaint against police
- NOT GUILTY BUT TORTURED + DEGRADED 15 YEARS FOR PUBLICITY + FUN
- Not nominated for a Nobel so LIE KY gives himself many others
- NOTHING is important
- PROOF LEE KUAN YEW IS A BRAZEN LIAR
- Pt 5: SOME RECENT LIES BY PAP GOVT LED BY LIAR KY OF COURSE
- Public transport another SCAM by LIE KY
- RH Call For Witnesses
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 1 Plan A
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 2 Plan B
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 3 Plan C
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 4 Plan D
- Still Under Warranty" but Entropy already setting in
- Stupidest govt of all time
- Vote out 21 politicians and transform Singapore
- WHY GOVTS SHOULD ALMOST NEVER BE EFFICIENT or GENERAL THEORY OF ZERO SUM GAME
- Why Singapore has no economy
- Why we should be able to refuse our organs to Ministers PAP
- Write simple English for computer translations