Idea: Random thoughts on World Govt; 17 Oct 2008
1. Although it is possible to conceive and implement a World Govt from scratch, which has many advantages, given that humans are slow to change mindsets or embrace startlingly different ideas, proponents of a WG may need to build upon the current UN, just as the UN was based on the old League Of Nations. One advantage is that building from the UN allows use of many current UN agencies and procedures.
2. The US will try to take over the WG and thus achieve what they tried but could not as a big power, that is, turn every country into its control. Now even impossibler given that the US is now in terminal decline. So the WG may anoint as its first World President, a person from a small state that has no or few world domination ambitions.
3. A WG needs money so one way would be for it to issue the Fiat Currency, the W$ or World Dollar. Probably all oil trades would be in W$ to reinforce this as the universal currency. Then so would all other trades. For a while, individual currencies may remain as the respective medium of exchange and interchangeable into W$ but eventually, only the W$ would circulate, in every country. When this universal currency is established, no country would be able to stay out or opt out of the WG.
4. The WG should 'worldise', as in 'nationalise' as many of the global resources as possible. The easiest would be to worldise all the Earth's oceans. The current 200 mile exclusive economic zones may need to be abolished. Thus, any use of the oceans whether by ships transporting goods, fishing, mining, or oil and gas production, etc, would come under WG control. A WG tax may be levied for use of this global resource. All fishing boats would be licenced and taxed by the WG and licences would be distributed to all, even non-coastal or landlocked countries.
5. One justification for the WG would be that 'global problems require global solutions' which only a WG can do since single countries acting selfishly have glaringly failed. Among the global problems that WG is best able to tackle include ozone depletion, climate change, water insufficiency, clean energy, natural disaster help, human poverty, human diseases, pandemics, genocides, refugees, failed states, etc.
6. The air, atmosphere and near space may need to come under WG control as well, which can levy a tax on any use of the air and atmosphere by planes, space satellites, or air pollution.
7. Individual govts may need to pay a tax to the WG as well.
8. All supra-national agencies such as the World Bank, IMF, WTO, etc, would come under the WG, which will then establish the Rules for world trade and financing, etc. These may allow for more WG taxes.
9. All govts are ultimately based on force, so a WG must have a big standing armed forces to settle disputes. The soldiers can be drawn from various countries and trained. Having different nationalities of soldiers will make it easier to send in those nationalities soldiers who would not have a national interest or agenda to push. The Gurkhas would be a good start. A World Police is necessary to investigate crime, whether by individuals or govts, for prosecution.
10. Prosecution would be in World Courts, according to World Laws. Judges, prosecutors and juries would be drawn from all over the world's judges and lawyers. A World University will produce World Lawyers.
11. The World University will also produce graduates trained in global disciplines, such as World Laws, World Govt Studies, climate change, water issues, clean energy, oceans sustainability, pollution [since this transcends national boundaries], etc. This is better than the ad hoc, random studies done by disparate groups currently.
12. World Research Institutes would focus on global problems ignored by the advanced countries, such as Malaria, which still kills millions in poor countries. Also, WRI can develop better products, systems, procedures to alleviate poverty and wretched living conditions in poor countries.
13. The WG may need to be physically sited somewhere but not necessarily forever. It can move every decade or so to another continent, thus by its location, help to understand and focus on its region or continent. The WG needs this kind of perspectives to be effective and obeyed.
14. The World President would need to have a World Legislature to draft laws and debate issues. He or she will also need a Cabinet for implementing various functions.
15. The WG would need to have its own World Media, that is, TV, Radio, Internet, Newspapers, etc. This is to propagate its existence, its policies, its leading personalities, its works, etc. It should own its own satellites.
16. World Passports would be issued to its members and employees. This will be universally accepted.
17. World Citizens would be able to live and work everywhere. However, there may need to be some limits on the number any country has to take. Refugees without a country will be considered for WC.
18. There are already some failed states. The WG can take over some failed states to establish a territorial presence or even to site its headquarters or base its military or various agencies. It has money, so it can quickly build the buildings, roads, airports, telecommunications, etc.
19. Proponents of a WG can first spread the idea through a novel, movie, tv series and computer game. WG is an inherently dramatic concept and lends itself to many dramatic possibilities, from wars against rogue anti-WG states and insurgents, to strategic manoeuvrings and alliances between various country-groups, etc.
20. For the last few decades, the main obstacle to a better, more effective UN was the US. The US, President after President, saw no need for a stronger UN because that would hinder the unfettered action of America upon the world. So it single-handedly prevented the UN developing into a more effective world body that could truly develop 'global solutions for global problems'. Today, America is beginning to realise that it has severe limitations disproportionate to its ambitions; that it no longer calls the shots. It now has to choose whether to recognise and acknowledge its limitations and cede power to a WG and then try to use that WG to attain some of its cherished world objectives -- OR FACE 1 OR MORE RISING POWERS WHO WOULD TOTALLY ACT AGAINST ITS VERY SURVIVAL AND INTERESTS. Thus, American support for a WG is in its mid and long term interests. Either it transfers power and authority to a neutral WG over which it has some influence, or totally lose all influence when push comes to shove and a new Coalition of the Willing Anti-American Powers coalesce to undermine its very existence, as all top dogs are reduced by former under dogs. Here is an insightful article that lays out the facts and the dwindling options that America now faces :
RH: MY ACQUAINTANCE, MR DAVID DUCLOS, A FORMER POLICE INSPECTOR, AND HIS LAWYER FRIEND, EYEWITNESSED LEE KUAN YEW RIGGING THE 1997 CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION. READ MORE AT MY BLOG ENTITLED "I CAME, I SAW, I SOLVED IT" :
[ALSO AT THE ABOVE BLOG, LIE KUAN YEW's LIES, CORRUPTION, WRONGFUL JAILING, TORTURE AND BEATING TO DEATH OF INNOCENT POLITICAL PRISONERS LIKE MR CHAN HOCK HUA]
READ ALSO MARTYN SEE's INTERVIEW WITH ME AT:
FOR QUICK, IRREVERENT REASONS WHY LIE KY DESERVES A NOBEL:
MY ARCHIVE OF WORKS AT:
My other blog is http://i-came-i-saw-i-wrote-it.blogspot.com/ which is an archive of my works.......... Robert Ho REQUEST FOR STATEMENTS at http://roberthorequestforstatements.blogspot.com/2011/01/robert-ho-request-for-statements.html
- ► 2009 (28)
- ▼ 2008 (8)
- "A Video RH on LKY LHL WKS cheating elections + PoBoB and CCTV Ideas"
- "HOW Y O U CAN PROVE THE SINGAPORE GOVT RIGS ELECTIONS"
- "LIE KY LHL WKS repeatedly cheating elections"
- "LKY LHL WKS election riggings emailed to almost entire govt"
- "Police Report LEE KY LHL WKS cheating elections"
- "PROOF LEE KUAN YEW RIGGED CHENG SAN GRC ELECTION"
- a. MY SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF 16 JULY 2010
- b. EXHIBIT: This post is now Exhibit for Affidavit 16.07.2010: US UK SG govts falsified my son's exam grades again
- c. Several years' jail for false Affidavit
- d. Evil is its own reason
- e. 3rd Email on Intention To Sue HM Govt and PM
- FilmMaker Martyn SEE interviews Cyber Dissident Robert HO
- I have uncovered another HDB scam: SERS
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 1 SINGAPORE GDP MYTHS
- Iconoclassing Pt 2
- ICONOCLASSING Pt 3 or RH Zero Sum Game Theory
- Idea Invention of Portable Ramps for Wheelchairs
- Idea: 5 Stages of Ideology
- Idea: Airport Naming Convention to reduce runway accidents
- Idea: Alphabetising the Chinese language
- Idea: Bespoke software clothes to change the way the world dresses
- Idea: Drive-on Flashing Red system
- Idea: equis to transform world
- Idea: Google as a survey tool
- Idea: HDB community roster CCTV recordings
- Idea: Made FOR China business strategy
- Idea: PC usb medical devices and softwares for medical diagnoses
- Idea: Personal Display Screen [PDS]
- Idea: Recorded readings to the blind
- Idea: RFID Ring as personal identifier
- Idea: Russia can sell Electricity instead of Gas
- Idea: Treasure Hunt games on Google Earth
- Idea: What if America never was?
- Idea: Why China should place Confucius above the Rule of Law
- Idea: A preliminary sketch of the new world
- Idea: Blind Users Interface
- Idea: Halting knife attacks on students in China
- Idea: HIV Register + Hua Tuo SMS diagnosis
- Idea: Influencing the Chinese tourist wave usage of local and US$
- Idea: Low Rations Propellor Disabling etc Strategies to defeat pirates hijacking of ships for ransom
- Idea: New Mandarin script : sinograms + pinyin
- Idea: Random thoughts on World Govt
- Idea: Towards a 7/7 economy and New Communes
- Idea: YouTube News on demand
- Ideas: Creating a Cycling CityState
- Ideas: Improving air travel
- Ideas: Solving BP oil leaks disasters
- Ideas: H1N1.. bird flu.. foot and mouth solutions
- Ideas: Inertia Theory and Similarising Effect Theory
- LIE KY + U.S. STENCH EVEN FOREVER CANNOT STANCH
- LIE KY scratched my car S$2800 to repair
- LKY LHL PAP building Singapore military to "contain China" for US interests
- Math+Science types inferior to Lit+Lang types
- My comment and promise in The Online Citizen [TOC]
- No reply to my complaint against police
- NOT GUILTY BUT TORTURED + DEGRADED 15 YEARS FOR PUBLICITY + FUN
- Not nominated for a Nobel so LIE KY gives himself many others
- NOTHING is important
- PROOF LEE KUAN YEW IS A BRAZEN LIAR
- Pt 5: SOME RECENT LIES BY PAP GOVT LED BY LIAR KY OF COURSE
- Public transport another SCAM by LIE KY
- RH Call For Witnesses
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 1 Plan A
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 2 Plan B
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 3 Plan C
- Some Clean Air Ideas for HK Email 4 Plan D
- Still Under Warranty" but Entropy already setting in
- Stupidest govt of all time
- Vote out 21 politicians and transform Singapore
- WHY GOVTS SHOULD ALMOST NEVER BE EFFICIENT or GENERAL THEORY OF ZERO SUM GAME
- Why Singapore has no economy
- Why we should be able to refuse our organs to Ministers PAP
- Write simple English for computer translations